Posts for tag: Elizabethtown
By Dyer Family Dentistry
January 14, 2014
Category: Dental Procedures
Unlike traditional wire and bracket braces that are bulky and uncomfortable, Invisalign straightens your teeth using a series of clear, customized, removable appliances called aligners. It’s virtually invisible, which means hardly anyone will know that you’re straightening your teeth. Take the next step to an attractive smile with Invisalign clear aligners. Choosing to straighten your teeth as an adult is a big decision, as it will affect not only your appearance, but your lifestyle as well. With Invisalign in Elizabethtown, you can alter your teeth without altering your life.
Enjoy the Benefits of Invisalign Treatment in Elizabethtown
Invisalign features a host of benefits. For one, Invisalign is virtually undetectable. That means you can go through treatment without anyone even noticing. Invisalign is also removable. You can conveniently take out your trays to brush your teeth, floss, eat dinner or even for a special occasion. As long as you are wearing the aligners for the required amount of time each day, you are free to remove the trays as you need to. And since you can remove your aligners, you can eat what you want without having to worry about breaking a wire or bracket.
Another benefit of Invisalign is its comfort. While abrasive wire braces can irritate your cheeks and mouth, thin Invisalign trays are smooth and gentle on the oral tissues. With Invisalign, there's decreased risk of lost braces, broken wires, cuts and abrasions that can happen inside the mouth.
Enjoy Straighter Teeth and Improved Oral Hygiene
A more attractive smile is a great motivator for undergoing treatment, but beyond the cosmetic advantages, there are also many important, long-lasting health benefits of straight teeth. A straight smile improves dental function, helping you chew, bite and speak more effectively. With proper alignment, balanced forces on your teeth can reduce the incidence of damaging dental habits such as grinding or clenching.
In addition, crooked, crowded teeth are also difficult to floss and brush. As a result, plaque can easily accumulate between teeth and along the gum line, leading to a higher risk of cavities and periodontal disease. Since straight teeth are easier to clean, the gum tissue will have less plaque and debris that cause inflammation, decay and gum disease.
Ready to take the next step in looking and feeling your very best? Talk to Dr. Marc Dyer, our dentist serving Radcliff and Elizabethtown, for more information on Invisalign, and to see if it is an appropriate solution for straightening your smile.
By Dyer Family Dentistry
November 12, 2013
Category: Dental Procedures
Tooth loss can occur for various reasons including neglecting your teeth and gums with a poor diet and improper oral hygiene. Athletes are more prone to lose teeth, as well, because they experience increased trauma and contact the mouth. When tooth loss occurs, it can also have a substantial impact on a person’s self-esteem due to the aesthetic implications.
A shift in your teeth can cause your teeth to become crooked, and gapped, creating an older appearance. The consequences of poor dental health can make it difficult to eat our favorite foods and even speak, causing embarrassment and frustration. Dental implants are natural in appearance, allowing others to only notice your beautiful, natural smile. With help from Dr. Marc Dyer in Elizabethtown, dental implants can restore your smile.
Understanding the Advantages of Dental Implants from Elizabethtown Dentist, Dr. Dyer
If you, like millions of adults, have lost one or more teeth, then you understand the unpleasant consequences that accompany tooth loss. Missing teeth result in an older appearance, discomfort, inconvenience and an overall less productive lifestyle.
Since dental implants are securely attached, you gain confidence to eat what you like, speak clearly and freedom from embarrassment. Other benefits of implants include:
- Improved Appearance: Dental implants look and feel just like your own teeth.
- Improved Comfort: Dental Implants are securely anchored, so there is no slipping as there is with dentures. This eliminates some of the key inconveniences of dentures, including poor fit, gum irritation, and pain.
- Improved Health: Dental implants can help prevent deterioration of the jawbone caused by loss of teeth, so your face retains its natural shape.
- Durability: Dental Implants are strong and can last a lifetime with proper care.
- Convenience: Unlike dentures, dental implants are permanent, eliminating the inconvenience of removing your dentures. With dental implants, you can brush and care for your teeth just as you would your natural teeth.
Dr. Dyer Shares: Proper Nutrition and Diet Help Save Your Teeth
It is extremely important to watch what you eat, as it helps in the maintenance of your teeth and in disease prevention. Ongoing research indicates that antioxidants and other nutrients found in fruits, vegetables and nuts may strengthen immunity and improve your body’s ability to fight bacteria and inflammation, which can help protect the teeth and gums. Follow these tips on maintaining proper nutrition and keeping your smile:
- Calcium and vitamin D supplements decrease the risk for tooth loss in the elderly.
- Antioxidant vitamins such as vitamin C, and other nutrients from fruits and vegetables help protect gums and other tissues from cell damage and bacterial infection.
- Folic acid promotes healthy mouths and supports cell growth.
- Eating sugary carbohydrate-rich foods as part of a balanced meal is better than eating them alone.
- Foods that take a long time to chew can damage teeth.
- Cheese unleashes a burst of calcium that mixes with plaque and sticks to the teeth, which protects your teeth from acids that cause decay.
If you’ve lost one or more of your natural teeth, it’s possible to continue to live confidently with dental implants from your dentist in Elizabethtown, Dr. Marc Dyer. Dental implants look and feel exactly like your natural teeth, and unlike conventional restoration solutions, implants can last a lifetime.
If you are missing teeth, how did you lose your tooth? Share your story below!