Posts for: November, 2013
Our food drive continues. Please continue to bring non-perishables to the office!
Understanding the Advantages of Dental Implants from Elizabethtown Dentist, Dr. Dyer
- Improved Appearance: Dental implants look and feel just like your own teeth.
- Improved Comfort: Dental Implants are securely anchored, so there is no slipping as there is with dentures. This eliminates some of the key inconveniences of dentures, including poor fit, gum irritation, and pain.
- Improved Health: Dental implants can help prevent deterioration of the jawbone caused by loss of teeth, so your face retains its natural shape.
- Durability: Dental Implants are strong and can last a lifetime with proper care.
- Convenience: Unlike dentures, dental implants are permanent, eliminating the inconvenience of removing your dentures. With dental implants, you can brush and care for your teeth just as you would your natural teeth.
Dr. Dyer Shares: Proper Nutrition and Diet Help Save Your Teeth
- Calcium and vitamin D supplements decrease the risk for tooth loss in the elderly.
- Antioxidant vitamins such as vitamin C, and other nutrients from fruits and vegetables help protect gums and other tissues from cell damage and bacterial infection.
- Folic acid promotes healthy mouths and supports cell growth.
- Eating sugary carbohydrate-rich foods as part of a balanced meal is better than eating them alone.
- Foods that take a long time to chew can damage teeth.
- Cheese unleashes a burst of calcium that mixes with plaque and sticks to the teeth, which protects your teeth from acids that cause decay.
Dr. Dyer just returned from a weekend-long continuing education course focusing on our in-office E4D system. With this system, we can fabricate same-day crowns and veneers. This course focused on white crowns on front teeth. These crowns can correct gaps between teeth, crooked or broken teeth and improve the color your teeth. Call us with any questions 769-3990!
Our food drive continues! Please bring non-perishable foods to the office. Dyer Family Dentistry has partnered with Feeding America to help those less fortunate around the holiday season.